Combi Boiler Mixer Shower Hot Tap Running Cold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have read some of the posts concerning the combi-mixer shower problems but they seem to stop at just mixer shower problems.

We have recently had an extention and changed the system to a combi with the cold water tank removed from the loft. The combi is a glow worm.
Our mixer shower upstairs runs hot but has at least 2 or three "cold" runs during a normal shower period. As well as this problem the Hot Tap in the kitchen (same room as boiler) also runs cold and increases pressure if run for a while.

Is this a balancing problem as I have read before, or do I need to get the plumber back in to check it (I would have done this as a first step apart from the fact that it took so long to get the original work done, so I was trying to avoid that)?

:?: :confused:

Sponsored Links
Our mixer shower upstairs runs hot but has at least 2 or three "cold" runs during a normal shower period

Stop people using the cold outlets while the shower is in use. :D

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back