Combi boiler noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our Ideal combi boiler is working well on central heating and hot water supply, until you turn the bath tap off. Immediately thereafter a series of loud creaking sounds can be heard in the boiler. This was noticed shortly after we had a new bathroom fitted and about the same time our heating was put into use for the winter. We have been through the book of heating engineers/plumbers with no success, all coming up with different ideas, saying they will get back to us, saying nothing is wrong etc etc. No one will even open it up. New bath taps and flexi piping were fitted with the new bathroom. We have checked with the manufacturers of the bath taps who say they are suitable for combi boilers. What could be wrong?

Sponsored Links
You have not bothered to tell us which model you have!

Ideal have made and rebadged many boilers over the last 30 years.

Any proper boiler engineer will open the boiler and diagnose the fault.

I would think twice about going out to a customer who calls himself mad anything!

Tony

Madmog said:
No one will even open it up.

with that kind of apathy it must be an ideal response. i avoid opening them up as well.

Sponsored Links
Yes, we do have an Ideal Response (100). I know they seem to be a joke, but in eight years we've never had a problem. I've been in touch with 14 heating engineers/plumbers with no success. Obviously want problems solved, but I am concerned if it is safe to use.

They are rather difficult and unless someone has been on the Ideal course for that model or have had some serious exposure to them then they would be out of their depth.

I can manage them although I dont like the model and other firms sometimes call me to deal with them on their behalf.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back