Combi boiler on and off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Alpha 180e combi boiler intermittently switches on and off when used for hot water and for central heating. Sometimes it works fine but the problem appears to be getting worse, or possibly we tend to notice it more because of the cold weather now. Has anyone any ideas how to remedy this?

Sponsored Links
Probably the standard thing which would be fixed easily - but in a corgi-only area.

Thats not a model I immediately recognise.

However the likely fault is! But it needs a CORGi registered person to deal with it so I am unable to give you any further information on fixing it.

Tony

Sorry I got the model number wrong. It's an Alpha 240e. But basically what you are saying is get someone who is corgi registered to have a look at this. What kind of price range should I be looking at if this is quite an easy fix then?

Sponsored Links
first off it is a standard prob and easily fixed,next prob is finding someone capable.one way of finding out is by the corgi no the lower it is the longer they have been registered [more experience]higher no means less experience [below 100000]would mean plenty of experience above that you may get lucky[180000 and above] lucky if they can speak english let alone what a meter looks like :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: tongue in cheek reply

Managaed to get a guy (friend of our neighbours) who is corgi registered. took him 1/2 an hour to sort the problem. Drained the boiler, replaced a sensor, done a couple more checks and everything was sorted. Knowledge is a wonderful thing it's provided us with constant heat and hot water, and he didn't charge an arm and a leg. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back