Combi boiler pilot light not lighting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I had a few tips on taking out my old radiator and replacing it with a towel warmer(on this site). All seemed to go OK. I drained the system as told, cut the radiator pipes, channelled a new hole in the plaster board (I have wall valves), and with a mixture of speed-fit devices, conected the pipe to the new values. After turning the water on, it leaked, so I drained down and replaced the leaky joint. All seems well now, BUT, I cannot relight the combi boiler. Its a glowworm type (about 6 yeard old). I have turned the dial to IGNITION, pushed it in and pushed the lighter button. It just does not light. the water pressure dial is on 2. I have done all this, got myself stressed, and I have failed at the last step. Any ideas ?
Natasha

Sponsored Links
Is there a spark at the pilot when you press the button?

and you are keeping the button pushed in as you press the igniter button (maybe up to a dozen times)??

Sponsored Links
Why a dozen times ?
I have managed to get it working now by repressurising (<- spelling ?) the system and pushing the igniter button lots of times. Why it takes so long I will never understand. Task complete until it decides to leak. PS: Why could I not get a 90 degree reducer from B&Q (15mm -> 10 mm), seems like a reasonable thing to ask for ! All I couls get was a straight reducer which is difficult in small spaces.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back