Combi boiler pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello - I have a combi boiler in my kitchen and there's a pipe that goes through the brick wall outside. The pipe is copper and is facing down. I'm guessing this is for condensation?

I've only just noticed that there's water coming through it, not lots but it drips onto my wall which id rather it didn't do. It's too high up to drip into the drain below.

What can I do to stop the water dripping onto the wall? My idea was to connect it with some kind of rubber/plastic pipe that would allow the drips to go into the drain.

Would it be ok to do this without it causing an issue or compromising the safety of the boiler?

And if so, what are my options?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Nat

Sponsored Links
The pipe in question is the outlet from the pressure relief valve. Its a safety feature and shouldn't be tampered with. Under normal circumstances it shouldn't have water coming from it so its a sign that the boiler needs checking.

when was your expansion vessel last recharged? do not touch this pipe it is a safety device

Has a service or anything else been done recently? Sometimes someone may test the PRV and then a bit of crud gets stuck under the seat.

Sponsored Links
What's the pressure reading on the gauge. Has the system been over pressurised.

The PRV is set at 3 bar, so if it's leaking at 2, then it's faulty. If you drop the pressure to about 1, it may last a bit longer, but it'll need dealing with soon.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back