Question about combi boiler overflow pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a combi boiler in my flat and the overflow pipe extends out of the brickwork then points back on itself. I understand this necessary in case the boiling water overflows - it will hit the wall not some unsuspecting person below!

However when the overflow drips the water drips onto some cornicing below the pipe and it is leaving a stain. My flat management company has asked me to either extend the overflow pipe or angle it such that it doesn't hit the wall. My plumber has told me that he can't do either of these things because that would breach the regulations.

I can understand why angling the pipe away from the brickwork would be a bad idea but would extending the pipe by a couple of inches break any rules?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
The answer is to find out why the pipe is dripping and not to alter it. The pipe is connected to the pressure relief valve in the boiler which should operate if the sysytem becomes over pressured at 3 bars. Under normal running conditions the pressure guage on the boiler should be around 2 bars when hot. The PRV may be faulty, the system over pressured or the expansion vessel either undersized or under pressured.
Steve

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back