combi boiler pressure dropped to 0

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello I have an old Aristone A23 MFFI. Yesterday the pressure gauge was at 0 Bar yet the heating was working on timer. I shut it down I didnt want to fill it up again in case it has leak under the floor as no visible signs of leak anywhere from any radiators or pipework. I then filled it up to one bar turned it back on and it wont come on, I checked the internal fuse on the PCB its fine so I have ordered a replacement board. My question is the pressure has stayed at 1 bar for a day so hopefully not a leak what else could have caused the pressure drop to 0
Thanks

Sponsored Links
It possible that you have a defective expansion vessel and the boiler dumped the water from the pressure relief pipe outside.

When you say it isn't coming on are there any lights on?

I believe the pressure sensor on these can get gunged up.
So push the pressure up to 2 bar and leave it for a few hours then try the boiler again.
You can release the pressure by bleeding a radiator.

Awful boiler to work on. Very badly thought out.

Thanks dcawkwell,

The boiler wont turn on at all no lights I have checked the fuse in the power spur and the glass 3amp fuse on the PCB both fine. I have ordered a replacement board only £85. I had similar issue before when pressure dropped to 0 I filled it back to 1.5 went to be in the morning it was at 3 so I have to bled from rad to get back to one. Maybe pressure sensor playing up as has history. I might get someone in to check the expansion vessel. Its a horrible boiler I want to get a worcester in but trying to keep this old one going so need to weigh up pressure sensor and expansion vessel costs against £1k plus install for replacement

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back