combi boiler pressure in toilet filler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi folk`s.
we are both in our sevente`s and we have just had a combi boiler fitted in our bungalow. [ much warmer for us ] but now we find that the ceramic toilet cistern in our bathroom toilet fills very very slowly, it is a bottom filler that is installed, can anyone please help, me with finding which is the best fast bottom filler to use in our toilet with limited room for a high pressure combi boiler.

thank you in advance. john.

Sponsored Links
I’m no plumber but I wouldn’t think having a boiler fitted would make the toilet cistern fill any slower unless a bit of crap has somehow got into the pipe work and is blocking the fill valve.

Edit. Perhaps they turned the mains water off and haven’t turned it fully in again?

It could be as above or coincidence. Fluidmaster are a good one to fit, as are Torbeck (same umbrella company), or Thomas Dudley, however before you go fitting a new one, it might be worth checking for debris in the inlet valve. Do you know the make of toilet? If it’s a Twyford, there’s a chance the washer has a split in it, well known for slow filling.

Could be a pressure reducing valve was fitted in the water supply to the house ( to suit the boiler's pressure requirements ) and this is reducing the pressure throughout the house.

Sponsored Links
okay everyone thank you very much for your comment`s i will now have another look at my problem with a bit more knowledge.
thank`s again, john.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back