Combi boiler problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help?

I have a Saunier Duval combi boiler which is driving me insane! Basically when I go to turn the heating on. The boiler doesn't fire up properly, then switches itself off but then a couple of seconds later tries to fire up again. When I turn on the hot water tap, the boiler fires up fine!

Any ideas anyone?

Sponsored Links
Recently had a simmilar problem with our Baxi combi boiler. the diverter valve got stuck on the hot water setting. This meant that the hot water was fine but the boiler would fire up for a couple of seconds when the heating was switched on and then would cut out. In the end a new diverter valve sorted this problem out

hope this helps

Try checking the heating system pressure against the recommended value in the boiler manual - use the filler loop to add water slowly if required. If the pressure is too low the boiler will probably cut out.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back