Noisy Worcester combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a gas fired Worcester 350 combi boiler.
Currently, the central heating is off and the hot water is on.
Recently (*) it has taken to making clanking sounds, whether water is being used or not. The result of these clanking sounds is the pilot light going out. When I reset the pilot, turn the electricity on and then immediately select hot water, the boiler fires up OK but I get the same clanking sounds and the pressure guage needle swings all over the place and out goes the pilot light! The only way to refire is to wait about 10 minutes between switching on the electricity and selecting hot water.
(*) the frequency has increased since we had our kitchen done (new taps, gas hob in place of electric hob, radiator removed).
So - can anyone out there please advise me what the clanking is in my boiler and how I can cure it.

Sponsored Links
THE CLANKING YOU DESCRIBE IS THE BOILER OVERHEATING, IF IT STARTS WHEN THE TAP IS RUNNING THEN YOUR HOT WATER PUMP IS STUCK OR NO POWER, IF IT HAPPENS SHORTLY AFTER YOU TURN THE TAP OFF THEN YOUR FLOW SWITCH WILL BE STICKING I ASSUME YOU HAVE WATER IN THE SYSTEM AS THE 350 HAS ALOW WATER PRESSURE SWITCH.TO CHECK THE PUMP UNDO THE CENTER CHROME SCREW ON THE PUMP AND SEE OF IT SPINS WHEN HOT WATER IS USED. IF YOU LOOK INSIDE THE FRONT PANNEL THERE IS A DIAGRAM TO SHOW WHICH PUMP IS WHICH.

Thanks COG - just the ticket - all quiet on the boiler front now.
Regards
Bazza

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back