Pilot light

you could be being a little hard on someone who is obvioiously not a complete eejit.
Raden

erm..yes he is.

Apollos are one of the most dangerous boilers around.

What a load of nonsense.
Gareth gas

So, another eejit.

Apollos are dangerous boilers in the wrong hands.

Perhaps gareth, you are another rogue who really doesnt understand the boilers you work on?

David

Sponsored Links
Soggy_weetabix said:
you could be being a little hard on someone who is obvioiously not a complete eejit.
Raden

erm..yes he is.

The only people who completely lack common sense are those with PhD's
I accept that people who go on to do a masters (with certain exceptions) have problems, but must have at least a bit of common sense

What a load of nonsense.
Gareth gas

So, another eejit.

David

so are hacksaws ...

Soggy

Gareth gas

So, another eejit.

Perhaps gareth, you are another rogue who really doesnt understand the boilers you work on?

What on earth makes yoy make that assumption?
There is absolutely NO evidence that apollo's are more or less dangerous than any other boiler!
In fact, its a well know fact that potentially, the most dangerous of all are open flued boilers.
O/F, R/S or F/F boilers will all become dangerous if neglected as mentioned in a previous post but thats certainly not a reflection of any inherent fault of that particular boiler.
So, instead of attacking my credentials (or lack of) why not justify your point with some facts?

well gareth, you seem to think these boilers are not dangerous and have neither shown competence or reason why they are not.

Positive pressure boilers will spill products regardless of a tight case seal.

Apollos are notorious for poor combustion rates, and their heat ex will clog up with ally oxide as fast as you can say "i hate soggy breakfasts".

So, tell me why they are safe in your hands?

David

Sponsored Links
Apollo's were cited in a report on recent carbon monoxide incidents.

Of the dozen or so that were responsible most were open flue (although some were balanced or fan flue). The main reason was blocked heat exchanger/lack of servicing. Poor case sealing/flue fitting causing problems in the room sealed boilers.

Most Apollo's I come across are in a very poor state - the heat exchangers clog in a very short time (and its no five minute job to clean 'em).

garethgas said:
ChrisR Wrote:

What a load of nonsense.

Off the top of my head the top 3 boilers for carbon monoxide incidents were the apollo, netaheat and that fan assisted open flued vaillant.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back