Worcester Bosch 240 boiler pilot ignition sparks, but will not light - lights manually

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Worcester Bosch 240 boiler.

The pilot ignition sparks, but will not light the gas when following the correct relight process.

I removed the front cover (screwed on protective cover) and I was able to light the pilot light manually with a flame, using the pilot ignition at the point still didn't relight the pilot. The pilot has since stayed on without issue.

Attempting to light the pilot again with the pilot ignition doesn't work with or without the cover moved.

Any ideas on what might be causing this and how to fix it would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

Sponsored Links
Steve, before making your first post on this forum you are meant to have read the rules.

They clearly say that we don't give and advice on gas or combustion issues.

As a DIYer you should not even be opening that combustion chamber cover.

So the only advice is to call a local gas reg engineer who should be able to easily sort it out for you.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back