Combi Boiler Problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a combi boiler. The boiler allows you to have, just heating, just water or both. I can't get any hot water at all even when I put it on the 'just hot water' option, it just pumps water to the radiators (very hot!!). I have been advised that it is the 3 way valve that needs replacing and qutoed £200 to get it fixed!! I would like to attempt to do it myself, but don't know where to start. Can anyone help me or point me towards a good website with tips?? Any advise would be good!:cry:

Sponsored Links
I have already replied but it seems to have been deleted. £200 is probably not too bad a price considering the potential cost if you get it wrong as all parts on combis seem to be expensive. It would be worth pricing up the part though and I would get a few quotes from reputable engineers who will guarantee the work.
If you still want to have a go try the manual first - on my boiler there is a decent fault finding section with good instructions to replace certain parts. If that fails, try the manufacturer and get put through to the technical dept. Often the people there are knowledgable and will offer some advice - but not always.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back