Combi boiler problems

Its a little more that would be normal but will work OK.

It depends on air charge in the EXV, the radiator volume and temperature and the system pressure.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Give it a few days and keep bag over discharge pipe. If it lets by, then replace it. It's not like you have to do a return visit cos you live there! :D
Update
Looks like the PRV it is letting by and needs to be replaced. Pressure has been slowly decreasing 0.3 bar this week and have some water in bag from PRV. Pressure when heating on has been ok and been increasing to about 2 bar when heating on. Just wondering if this still could be the expansion vessel.

If the Prv is letting by below 3bar then it needs replacing. Only then will you be able to confirm that the ev is sound.

Even so the pressure is increasing too much.

From 1.5 bar to 1.8 bar is normal.

I always "click" a PRV a few times before leaving them and they almost always seal after a few days.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Even so the pressure is increasing too much.

From 1.5 bar to 1.8 bar is normal.

I always "click" a PRV a few times before leaving them and they almost always seal after a few days.

Tony
Ok, will get a plumber around to it as soon as I can.

Well it's pouring out PRV now without getting anywhere near to pressure. So does look like its a gonner . Think valve is stuck open so it's just emptying as fast as filling.

Ok, another follow up.
Plumber cam round yesterday and changed PRV and checked expansion vessel. All has been well and pressure rising from 1.5 bar to just under 2 bar when at 80 degrees. Came to look at PRV overflow this morning(tied a bag on it after plumber changed PRV) and found that it had a qtr of a cup of water in it) system pressure dropped slightly over night with no heating on. Faulty PRV fitted or something else?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back