Combi boiler pump advice please

N

nauseous

Hi all
Ch pump is knackered. It's a Bosch 15-60 130 (3 speed) it needed to be set on it's highest setting (3) otherwise boiler would overheat and cut out. Boiler is 12 yr old Worcester 24i RSF discontinued now.. Fitted in 2 bed bungalow only 6 single rads, 5 have tvr valves, on a 15mm one pipe system unfortunatly..
Was hoping to just buy a pump head as theres no gate valves fitted either side of pump.
Would I be better off buying a Grundfos 15-60 130 pump head as Ive heard theyre a good brand, bearing in mind it's a crappy 1 pipe system. Was hoping someone with more knowledge and experience than me could offer some advice.. Cheers for any help

Sponsored Links
If you just want a pump head you need a head to match the body you have - heads and bodies aren't interchangeable between manufacturers. If you can't isolate it though you'll get wet whether you just change the head or the complete unit unless you drain down first

It sounds to me like your system might be sludged up and is due for a re-pipe

Oh ok thanks didn't realise pump bodys aren't compatable, tho tbh not sure why you surgest a re-pipe without considering a drain down and system flush first, btw was planning on doing that and adding inhibitor anyway..
No disrespect here but not everyone has cash to throw away.. :p

No disrespect here but...

Hmmm...

The suggestion of a repipe rather than a flush was based on the fact that flushing a badly designed and inefficient system will still leave you with a badly designed and inefficient system. You can't polish a turd

Sponsored Links
No disrespect here but...

Hmmm...

The suggestion of a repipe rather than a flush was based on the fact that flushing a badly designed and inefficient system will still leave you with a badly designed and inefficient system. You can't polish a turd
Tbf all the rads heat up fine and my gas bills are quite low so the system can't be that bad..

Can anyone please tell me if I replace the whole pump unit with say a similar spec Grundfos pump will the new one be the exact same size, ie are they a standard size?.. I suspect not :cry:

I'm asking this because according to my Worcester boiler manual the pump for this boiler is a Grundfos 15-60 special (not sure what the special ref is)

A standard Grundfos 15-60 head will fit. It's just the body which has 1" connections which is different to a standard full pump.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back