Ideal Classic Flow Rate & Grundfos pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

My parents have a Ideal Classic RS360 boiler with a Grundfos 15-60 130 pump.

The pump is currently under the floor and set to position “III” - I was trying to make sense of the flowrates and pump data to see if a lower setting might be suitable...22.9 l/min would be about 0.38 l/sec but is the height to consider pump to the header tank in the loft or highest radiator height ?

Many thanks
FF

Attachments

• Ideal_Classic_RS360_Flow.jpg
    Ideal_Classic_RS360_Flow.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 28
Sponsored Links
Height of the header tank has absolutely nothing to do with the pump, it is not a pump it is a circulator, why do you ask ?

Height of the header tank has absolutely nothing to do with the pump, it is not a pump it is a circulator, why do you ask ?

Thanks for the reply...apologies that I referred to the Grundfos UP single-speed circulator pump as a pump rather than a circulator.

Speed setting is currently "III" and as as mentioned I was wondering if slower speed would be more appropriate for the flow rate stated for the boiler (I also believe it was "I" or "II" previously) .

The data sheet on the relevant graph gives a Height in meters - I assume (wrongly maybe) that this relates to the water pressure perhaps seen as how it's also references as kPa but is that height referenced to the Header Tank or to the highest radiator.

Its not that exact a science re what pump speed is required it depends on the number of radiators you are feeding, distance, resistance of pipes and fittings etc etc. Trial and error, start off on speed 1 if that doesn't get the necessary heat to the radiators, use 2 then 3.

Sponsored Links
Its not that exact a science re what pump speed is required it depends on the number of radiators you are feeding, distance, resistance of pipes and fittings etc etc. Trial and error, start off on speed 1 if that doesn't get the necessary heat to the radiators, use 2 then 3.

Thanks D, I guessed as much perhaps but the data graph is published so just wondered how it interacted with reality.. With just three settings trial and error is the way to go and I guess perhaps faster than need be is better that slower - I'll try "II" and see what happens....might end up going to to "III" !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back