Grundfos Alpha 2 15-60 130 Setting?

I have the Wilo Yonos Pico 25/1-6, don't think you will have any problem with the gate valves as the 25mm refers to the pump port diameter, I just used the same gate valves from my trusty 26 year old Salmson, no problems.
Mine is over4 years old and a very nice quiet pump with all those fantastic CP and PP settings which is why I bought it for ~ £100, how much is it over there now?.

The OD of the 25mm port pump (and I would think, the Wilo) is 47mm if thats any use to you.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Probably right, the Wilo I think is 1.5" BSP, 47.8mm OD. 1" BSP is 33.25mm OD and 1.25" BSP is 41.91mm OD. so you will need new valves if you purchase the Wilo.

The Grundfos manual says G on this digram is 1 1/2 so I'm confused now, maybe thay are both 1 1/2?

1684539262008.png

Sponsored Links
It's fitted!! Added another bottle of Fernox F3 for good measure. Seeing some better flow but the ABV seems to be open.

Old pump had a lot of deposit around the inlet, checked the impeller with a camera and it wasn't clogged up. Pipe and elbow above the pump also had a fair amount of crud so cleaned it all out and replaced the input gate fitting.

Flow seems to be improving all the time, need to sort out why the ABV is now open, its wound right in as well.

Some inital numbers from CH only

1684668150110.png

1684668439482.png

Fantastic, :giggle::giggle:, definitely on the right track now, cleaning out the crap probably had a big effect.

That Wilo displays the flow I think which is very handy? Does it display the running head as well?.

Did you have to replace the pump isolation valves?

I would definitely renew the ABV but not with a Tower.

I wouldn't go so far as to say they are no good but have seen very poor posts re their TRVs, if you have replaced it again with another Tower and it works, then fine.

Are the readings above taken with all 15 rads "on" with the TRV heads removed?.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back