Pump setting Grundfos Alpha2 15-60 130

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Grundfos Alpha2 15-60 130 pump and I am not convinced it on the correct setting. I had a new additional radiator added recently and the setting on the pump was changed at the time. Since then the system has been noisier than it was before and I find I am having to bleed one of the radiators much more frequently. I know the setting was changed when I had the work done but don't know what setting it was on before.
On the pump from right to left the settings are III, II, I, Auto Adapt and then 4 graduating bars increasing in size from right to left. After the work was done it was left on the setting on the biggest of the bars furthest to the right. I had a look at a manual I found online which suggested the recommended setting was Auto Adapt. I changed it to Auto Adapt but this made things worse and the system was noisier than before.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Try sticking it on II...many boilers out there won't work properly with the more eco settings.
What boiler is it..make and model.

The pump's the least of your worries...start saving for a boiler, biggest junk ever produced.

Sponsored Links
which Ideal Evo HE ? there are different models I am guessing you have an H and not a C

Assuming it is indeed an Icos. Thorough servicing each year goes a long way for longevity though (apart from the hopeless pcbs)

Put it on II as suggested and things do seemed to have calmed down but still noisier than it was but noises more from boiler than pump. I notice too that there is a white dry residue down the side of the pump at the seam. The pump was only changed in 2017.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back