New boiler in :- All went ok but now how to set it up?

Yes i could have gone all singing and dancing, sealed system, nice megaflow etc etc but in the end it comes down to cost. Im happy with whats been installed and know the limits of the system.

If i had 5k sitting about i know what i would want installing and how to do it but times are hard atm so getting a fully functioning heating/hot water was the priority. I didnt scrimp on the boiler, got a recognized brand with a 6 year warranty.

Anyway back to point :LOL: Here is a picture of my old boiler ripped out

And now nice new boiler in its place.

1 thing i should have got done is had the room thermostat replaced with a programmable 1. I have taken a picture of mine and the wires, is there any recommendations of programmable 1's to go in its place?

Sponsored Links
So you are ashamed of your prices then. That tells us plenty. ;)

not at all...but it is none of your business..unless you are going to use my services..its no ones business except my clients..and you are not one of them

Sponsored Links
Nothing wrong with the top of your boiler OP your installer has done a good job at an excellent price the stuff on the top of your boiler is a Frost stat interrupted by a pipe stat and a filter all correctly installed

Dont use auto adapt on WB ri's use the fixed settings, either 2 or 3.

Auto adapt works best on UFH or compensated controls. For simple on/off controls use the fixed speeds. Dont touch the night time set back either!

Dont use auto adapt on WB ri's use the fixed settings, either 2 or 3.

Auto adapt works best on UFH or compensated controls. For simple on/off controls use the fixed speeds. Dont touch the night time set back either!

Yer i tried autoadapt, some of the rads didnt warm up at all. Didnt seem enough power to push all the way around the house. Put it back on manual 2 and all seems fine

yes my advice to keep it in auto adapt was wrong on that...glad you found the solution..

I do remember a similar thing with other heat only boilers which require minimum flow rates to be maintained...

glad its all working for you...

Can't help wondering about this great job, where you have to come on the internet to find out how to use the boiler :eek:

Anything else he didn't bother with - that you know about?

Pump settings aren't usually user controls are they... there would be no benefit to changing them once set up correctly any way..

and the instructions are hardly clear and precise as to what to do to match the pump to the boiler...indeed auto adapt is a misnomer.. at least with some boilers...

so I think the installer can be forgiven for not sharing all that with the client...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back