New boiler in :- All went ok but now how to set it up?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looks like my original thread got closed //www.diynot.com/forums/plumbing/new-boiler-quote-seem-ok.351607/ :?:

The install all went fine, everything seems to work as expected. £1350 later at least i got working heating/hot water now :cool:

Now im trying to figure out how to use the boiler most efficiently. Its a Worcester 15Ri. House is now a mixture of normal rad valves and TRV's in the bedrooms.

Currently got the boiler stat about a 1/4 from max.

Just before xmas my pump was changed (another story) to a Grundfos Alpha2 15/60. Its got lots of settings on it and not sure what 1 i should be using?

Seems there is 3 manual settings, the Auto adapt and then 4 settings i think for the auto adapt.

Sponsored Links
leave it on auto adapt...its fine...

glad it all went well...perhaps you have learnt the art of judging people...

As a matter of interest, did he take two days and use a power flush machine?

As a matter of interest, did he take two days and use a power flush machine?

Yes 2 days, starting at 8:45 first day and leaving at 5, second day more like 9:30 and finished around 4:15.

He had a grundfos powerflusher machine unit buzzing away for 3-4 hours on the first day according to the missus.
Freeflow-Powerflushing-Unit-009.jpg

Sponsored Links
You did well mate, very well. The gas fitters in this forum don't like it - but that is the way the industry is heading. Good job - but with good value.
Well done.

Yer im happy, took me ages to find someone who talked sense and also was well priced.

Most of my quotes were over 2k plus VAT

Why pay a thousand quid extra for the same job? Sooner or later these guys will realise that they are losing far too many quotes and will lower their prices or go bust.

a good business man should have enough work coming in from a variety of sources that enables him to determine which jobs he gets and which he doesn't.

Since jan 1 I have done 14 quotes...I don't expect or want them all to come in...my life would be chaos.

whats important for both parties is that the work done is properly compensated and to a high standard...

Maybe the higher priced ones did not need the work....its that simple...

So what would you have charged the OP for his job then?

i didn't see it...

If this is an OV system, I would be talking in terms of sealing the system and installing a permament filter in place of the power flush..

so the capital cost would have been higher...never mind my labour

time and time again cheap now manifests itself as expensive later..

people confuse getting what they want (a low cost) with getting a good system..

the op got the former with no shocks... who knows abut the latter

Joe what ever I charged it would be too much for you!

Reflect on this mr!

When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing you bought it to do.

The common law of business balance prohibits a little and getting a lot. It can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it's well to add something for the risk you run.

And if you do that, you'll have enough to pay for something better

Like everyone I have standard day rate of £x plus vat.. and things get added or taken off according to the work involved.

Yes and I'm asking you what it is. Is it a secret?

its of no concern to you what my prices are... if you are in north london we can talk though...but I guarantee that any price will be too high for you however fair it is...

So you are ashamed of your prices then. That tells us plenty. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back