combi boiler pump question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can the pump in a wocester bosch 24 cdi boiler - about 11 years old - be replaced with a new grunfoss 15-60 pump. thanks in antisipatyion

Sponsored Links
Just change the pump head, easy.

Remember to either drain the system, or if your brave enough isolate boiler flow and return on boiler, problem is they may start leaking afterwards.

thanks for the reply. I would not be doing the work. water and me do not mix. a lady friend has just been quoted 250 pounds to replace this part. i felt that i,d read that only the pump head needed changing so was just checking. thanks again.

Sponsored Links
This is a difficult question!

Strictly speaking you have to use the manfacturers supplied part at perhaps £130 leaving £170 for the repairer to come and diagnose the problem, buy the part and return to fit it and test the boiler.

Then, it is possible to fit a generic pump costing about £60! Made by the same manufacturer but not supplied by the boiler manufacturer at twice the price.

We will fit whatever the customer and charge £84 to diagnose the fault and £65 for a pump but still coming to £149 which is more more than that "£120-£140 tops" !

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back