Combi Boiler Timer has gone blank

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My combi boiler timer screen has gone blank.

Does this mean I need a new timer.

Recently had a leak on boiler could this have created the problem with the timer.

Sponsored Links
Probably has caused it. Sometimes when they dry out they come back to life. But if its been a while then chances are you need a new one.

I,ve been to leaks on boilers which have wet the circuit boards etc. I've used a hairdryer to dry them off and they come back to life. And NO I don't carry a hairdryer in the van. I borrow them from the punters.

Thanks for Info.....just gettin my wifes dryer out !!.

This boiler ( Caradon Ideal ) is running hot water and then turns off whilst taps are still running.Any thought sas to what the problem could be.

I replaced the microswitch...still the same

I assume you have an Isar then :confused:

The boiler usually operates without the display working, it is just a digital readout.

It sounds like the boiler is overheating, but without the display working how are you going to get the fault codes displayed :rolleyes:

H3 is the DHW thermistor faulting. Could even be the plate HE blocked.

Sponsored Links
My Boiler is a Caradon Ideal C80 FF.

The external timer is a Lifestyle LS 111.

The external timer is blank.

To co-incide with this we had a leak ( which no appears to have stopped ) pressure has remained constant.

When I call for hot water boiler comes on sometimes.......and then may turn off whilst still running the hot water tap.

The diverter valve has failed.

The timeclock has probably failed and needs to be replaced unless you can solder a new battery into it!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back