Combi Boiler will not allow me to put pressure into system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - Can someone please advise: My CBoiler will not allow me to put pressure back into the system, as soon as I do this, my overflow pipe outside starts dispensing the water. My pressure is at zero, still it will allow me to run hot water???? is this safe to do so?. To add to my mystery, last night my upstairs radiator leaked which is why i suspect my pressure is at zero. Can someone please explain what the problem is and is it safe to run the hot water??

Many thanks, confused, single, female. :eek:

Sponsored Links
If you ring a friendly heating engineer, quote the exact make and model number of your boiler and explain whats happening, I'm sure they'll arrive with a new pressure release valve - which is certainly whats wrong with your boiler. If there isn't any pressure in the system, I'd be surprised if the boiler wants to light up at all, frankly.
John :)

Cheers for your response, I have someone coming out tomorrow. The pilot light flares up when I try and run the hot water tap, but I am not sure if this is safe - do you think I should not attempt to switch it on? Also, can you advise......I have an electric shower, will it be ok to still use the shower, if the boiler has zero pressure?

Sorry, so many questions - just don't want my boiler to have a complete breakdown.

:)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you ring a friendly heating engineer, quote the exact make and model number of your boiler and explain whats happening, I'm sure they'll arrive with a new pressure release valve - which is certainly whats wrong with your boiler. If there isn't any pressure in the system, I'd be surprised if the boiler wants to light up at all, frankly.

Sponsored Links
Definitely no probs with the electric shower as its a completely different system.
I can't see any probs with the hot water either as the boiler should shut down if this is an issue, but I'm not qualified to comment on that one!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back