Combi boiler with accessible pressure valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’ve got some baxi boilers and some have the expansion vessel valve easily accessible. But on another boiler it is located at the top of the boiler case and it makes it harder to depressurise.

All these boilers are duotecs but one has this issue.

Anyway I need to get a new boiler and it must have a serviceable EV. What would you recommend?

24kw all that’s needed for a small flat with 5 x 600x1000 size rads. Plus one bath and shower over. Price around £500-700.

Sponsored Links
Yeah, I would think 24kw adequate for the hot water delivery. Why are you so concerned about the expansion vessel schrader valve? Most are accessible, the only one I know of is the Baxi Netatec which is underneath which is a pain.

I’ve got some baxi boilers and some have the expansion vessel valve easily accessible. But on another boiler it is located at the top of the boiler case and it makes it harder to depressurise.
Why on earth would you want to depressurise the Expansion vessel ?

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
That’s a typo. Repressurise.

I must have the baxi netatec then as it was a pain to re pressure for the engineer on service.

If they are all serviceable then that’s good.

Sponsored Links
no duotec is a pain to pump up the expansion vessel its a case of removing spark generator and swivelling tray out the way takes less than 1 minute to gain access . Get another engineer if he cant work that out
Why are you changing a duotec anyway they are bullet proof and doddle to repair .
if you are changing then use a main ecotec compact is great little boiler with the expansion vessel valve on the top outside the boiler

Vokera Vibe Max Shraeder valve protrudes through the top of boiler accessible from outside case.

Vokera Vision Plus, the vessel is inside boiler and the valve is facing user on right side but case front (two screws) needs to be off for access.

Vokera Unica Max, removing the case is the same as Vision Plus but valve is on underside of vessel, accessible but not as easy.

Yes i use the main boilers, but have had a few duotecs on gov schemes. I will prob look at the main again.

Im not replacing any duotecs, just fitting a new boiler install on a new flat i have ripped out. No gas on this property so had a new gas feed put in by the network. Now its time to get the boiler in and i want one which is a doddle to service.

Ive noticed the engineers dont always repressurise the EV on service correctly and the boilers loose pressure again. Hence why i want something which makes their life easier.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back