combi boiler with cold water storage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just had my central heating system replaced and have had a worcester 28i junior installed along with new rads and new pipe work. The guy who did this removed the hot water cylinder but he left the cold water storage tank in the loft. Is this right?

He said the mains pressure was low and the gravity of the cold water tank above the shower head (which at the moment is just a bath mixer with shower head) would give a better shower. I am finding it very difficult to get the right temperature, either cold or very hot.

is this because the hot and cold are unbalanced?

should I get the cold tank removed and run from mains?

Sponsored Links
Ring your local water supply company & get them to check the pressure & flow of the supply into your property, if it falls below their minimum standards then they will renew the supply to the boundary FOC. That should sort out the pressure problem, then you can get the boiler on to mains & get rid of the tank.

Steve Hewson said:
is this because the hot and cold are unbalanced?

They will be balanced as both will be fed from the tank.

Your incoming pressure must be really bad if your plumber has tested it and found that the tank gives you more pressure.

Good idea to speak to your water company. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back