combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a mixer shower (Triton presure compensating)that works off of a combi boiler. Since it was installed 3 years ago to get it warm we have to put on the hot water tap in the sink at the same time as we shower and also first thing in the morning we can\\\'t get a shower at all obviously as alot of people in the area are using water at this time can anyone help with this problem Thanks

Sponsored Links
Get an airing cupboard.

Dig up your land and renew your water main.

Install a break tank and a pump.

Get your combi checked regarding at what flow rate does it not light up for hot water, check with manufacturers is it satisfactory, deal with it.

Stewart there's something wrong with your combi.
If you tell us nothing about it , or exactly what the problem is, we can't help.

i personaly don't think there is a problem with my boiler i think it's the shower that's S*** there is plenty of hot water when running bath etc.. the problem only occurs when having a shower.

can anyone give advice/ solutions should we fit a pump ? get a new shower ? if so which make /model should we get?

Our combi boiler is Worcester 28 CDI

Sponsored Links
Change the shower for one thats suitable for a combi then :idea: :rolleyes:

And no you can't fit a pump.

the shower we have says its suitable for a combi, why is evereyone so sarcastic on this forum, i'm only asking for advice. can someone please give me genuine advice

How do I get you to understand that Triton, who are the worst shower firm in my experience, are hardly going to say their products are ever unsuitable.

They said the Triton shower pump which I once fitted was a good product! But it failed after four days and they were not very interested in that as they had already made the sale.

Its well documented that some combinations of combi/shower do NOT work well together. Sometimes this is more a matter of adjustment of either item and sometimes a serious incompatibility.

I once sent an engineer to do an apparently simple task of fitting a client's shower cartridge. When fitted it was not working properly. I called the makers and they said a certain adjustment was required when they were fitted and faxed details! I would ask why did they not include that in their fitting instructions?

I have no idea whats wrong with your combination but you dont seem to want to call an expert or show much willingness to do tests which we suggest. You seem to have agreed that you dont think there is anything wrong with your boiler.

Blindly stating what a rubbish firm like Triton put in their sales literature is getting you nowhere. Lada probably say their cars are the bees knees!

Tony

Stewart Goodall said:
the shower we have says its suitable for a combi, why is evereyone so sarcastic on this forum, i'm only asking for advice. can someone please give me genuine advice

Em :eek:

Imformation that we can give genuine advice may help :rolleyes:

You say the shower is crap, so change it for a better one.

or take the old one out and check the filters are not blocked. :idea:

nothing wrong with Ladas, simple to repair , mine rusted though

Hello there

The problem you describe is likely to be because the flow rate of HW through the shower is too poor to trigger the flow switch in the combi. When you turn on a tap the water flow is greater and thus the combi sees this and switches to hw mode.

If you have a poor incoming water main performance this makes my diagnosis more likely to be correct.

You could fit a water accumulator to the incoming supply. Or renew the water main, but there are no guarantees on the latter because the quality of service is down to your water supplier........

Simon

i personaly don't think there is a problem with my boiler i think it's the shower that's S***

Stewart you seem to be sure you've diagnosed the problem yourself before asking about it, and don't want to give any information for the advice you say you want. Then start complaining about answers, some of which are lightheartedly commenting on the poor behaviour of yet another combi shower.
Not very bright, is it, when you haven't got a clue about the subject?
So shove your attitude somewhere dark, please.

What flow rate do you get from the shower when it's turned to hot?
What model shower/mixer is it?
How low a flow rate at a tap will bring the boiler on?
Do you live in a convesion flat with a shared mains supply?
Does the flow fluctuate when other people use their mains water?
How old is the combi?
Do you live in a hard water area?
Have you had anyone check the boiler?
Why didn't you get it looked into 3 years ago when the shower was installed, or if you did, what was the outcome?

Gritish Bas are a good shower if want a combi boiler. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back