Combi Central heating bypass "adjuster"

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Worcester 350 Combi boiler

This boiler has a very small leak from the "bypass adjuster screw" which is set into the bottom of the HEATING FLOW AND RETURN MANIFOLD, which obviously means the boiler constantly needs repressurising.

I have not yet removed the adjuster screw from the original boiler, but I have been able to dismantle a very similar manifold, and note that there is
an "O" ring on the screw. Am i right in assuming that this will need to be replaced, in order to cure the leak, and would the application of "loctite" on the threads provide an additional seal.

AND MORE IMPORTANTLY. will it suffice to replace the screw at APPROX the same position as it was (before dismantling) OR is there any PRECISE setting to be made, and how would I do it.

Sponsored Links
I believe Worcester do a repair kit for this model, or at least used to. Call them and ask for the partnumber and what they recommend for the setting whilst you are at it

Last time I needed one simple O ring to cure a minor leak on a Worcester by-pass screw I had to buy a whole pack of O rings and seals for £25! I'd try wrapping PTFE tape around the existing O ring, then put it back to the same position. don't worry too much about getting this exactly right - chances are that it wasn't correctly set in the first place.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back