Combi filler problem...please help?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there i hope somebody can help me out!

I have a Saunier Duval Therma Classic F24e combi boiler which pressure had dropped below 0.5bar when this morning and therefore the heating will not work. Power is all still working and we still have hot water but no heating. I know that to top the pressure back up you use the blue twisty valve on the bottom to let more water in....

however when i have turned this no fresh water is coming in and so it isnt filling up like it normally does and so wont pressure up and so we have no heating.. It screws all the way open and shut again no problem but no water comes in.

Any ideas please? Thanks for any help everybody!!

Fern

Sponsored Links
I think you will find this is similar to the Glow-Worm 30si.

There was a recent posting about a GW on here about how the seals get stuck. Look it up and you will be able to read all the details.

Tony

Thanks for the quick response iv taken the blue handle off but it is just an extension on another blue knob underneath that is the bit that opens the valve i assume. do i need to get this off somehow? not sure how as it seems to undo all the way like as if you were opening it but then gets stuck at the end and wont turn open anymore to get it off? maybe just me being a women?! :confused:

Sponsored Links
I've had similar problems on 3 or 4 Vokera Lineas recently. This turned out to be the non return valve stuck in the filling assembly.

Perhaps your Saunier Duval has one of these as well. I dont know many specifics about these boilers.

Hi there, thanks for your suggestions and help i followed your link and read up and this morning i took the old filling thing off and replaced it with a new one, turned water back on, opened up the new valve but still no water is going in to pressure the boiler up not even any noise of water passing through...

Any ideas? its freezing in this house with no heating!! :confused:

Thanks again!!!

adamfernadam said:
this morning i took the old filling thing off and replaced it with a new one,

If you replaced the filling valve then I am surprised that you managed to get the correct boiler spare part so quickly.

What was the description of the part you replaced on the packet? I doubt that it was just called "filling thing" !

There is also a non return valve which would usually be replaced at the same time.

Tony

Was it a S10071 "Filling Device Thing"?
Me no see no nrv.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back