Saunier Duval F24 therma classic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello to everyone on here.
I hope somebody can shed some light on my problem.
When we bought our house 8 years ago we had a new central heating system fitted.
The combi boiler is a Saunier Duval F24E therma classic which has been very reliable.
Last year the hot water started to flow hot then warm then hot then warm.
A plumber fitted a new 'flow valve' or something which cured the fault for about 3 weeks.
He didn't seem interseted in anything other than trying to get us to buy a new boiler as he said ours was very old and not really worth repairing.
The fault has come back steadily and has been worse than ever for the last 6 weeks.
We have a new baby due in 7 weeks and really need to sort this problem before conatcting another plumber hopefully.
The central heating has always worked fine its just the hot water problem.
When the hot top is open the boiler is always cutting in and out which results in the poor water temperature.
Thanks in advance for those who might be able to help.

Sponsored Links
I agree.By the flow valve I am assuming the diverter valve was replaced.I'm a great believer in get the basics checked before diving in with a heap of parts.Plate heat exch and the connecting ports must be checked and cleaned as necessary.

Sponsored Links
To be honest i wouldn't know what i'm looking for.
Think i need a sympathetic plumber. :rolleyes:

basically not a bad boiler.its just a rebadged glowworm CI.(p.s CI parts are cheaper).plate heat ex is not a hard job for a decent RGI.

get the plate cleaned/replaced then get the engineer to quote u for a suitable sludge filter which then will hopefully prevent the plate blocking up again in future

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back