Combi filling loop linked to the flow pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi could someone please tell me if it matters that the filling loop to a combi (Evo HE) is linked to the flow pipe as MI states it should be on return? The valve that is on the filling loop itself that links to the flow pipe leaks as you switch it on.......

Please note *** I have not fitted this!!!***

The system is losing water- about 2 litres a month, has anyone had anyone had any bad experiences with leak sealer- the sort you put into the system as that is what I'm thinking of doing as i cannot find the leak? There's no moisture at the discharge pipe.

Thanks to any replies

Jon

Sponsored Links
On the whole, it's best to follow the manufacturers instructions if you want any potential future warranty issue to be fully compliant.

In any case, there should be no leak regardless of what side it's been fitted on. This needs repairing.

Finally, it would be far better to properly ascertain the cause of the water loss rather than go for a chemical solution. 2L a months sounds a bit high to rely on a leakseal solution.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back