Pressure drop on combi . Filling loop ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a pressure drop on a combi boiler. I have looked everywhere for leak but cannot find. All radiators, all pipework, PRV. Boiler etc. Then today my filling loop was still connected ( I know not ment to be). So I removed it and it is leaking from the system side . Would this cause a pressure drop still if the hose was connected and the system water was leaking into the fill hose ?

Sponsored Links
No. (Not unless the hose was leaking) There should be a double check valve connected to the mains water side of the filling link to stop any water back flowing from the heating system into the water supply

Last edited:
No. (Not unless the hose was leaking) There should be a double check valve connected to the mains water side of the filling link to stop any water back flowing from the heating system into the water supply
The valve where its leaking into the loop is the valve what is ment to let water into system but not out. Would the boiler not read it on gauge when goes in then the gauge drop as it goes through the faulty valve into the loop ?

If the double check valve the one what does not let back through . I thought this goes on central heating side so the water can fill in but not come back. If it did not you would be able to drop your system from fill loop if it was otherway round.

It is on my boiker in my house and on this boiler I am on about.

Sponsored Links
Double check valve should be on mains water side of filling loop. If yours is fitted on the heating side then it has been installed incorrectly. Same as probably 50% of all the filling links i come across!

Double check valve should be on mains water side of filling loop. If yours is fitted on the heating side then it has been installed incorrectly. Same as probably 50% of all the filling links i come across!
I see so as the double check valve is fitted on mains side if I disconnect the filling loop and open other valve on system side would this drop the system as it is not a double check valve ?

How do people inject there chemical into the systen this way then ?

If this side leaks from system into fill loop why woukd it not drop the gauge as its technically leaving the system ?

You are ment to disconnect filling loop to stop the chance of contamination I thought.

I am not second guessing you btw. Just asking question to learn

Not sure what your on about now mate. The valve on the system side is an isolation valve. So if you inject chemical through the filling loop you close the isolation valve before you remove the injector;)

No water should be leaving the system unless the isolation valve is fooked

Not sure what your on about now mate. The valve on the system side is an isolation valve. So if you inject chemical through the filling loop you close the isolation valve before you remove the injector;)

No water should be leaving the system unless the isolation valve is fooked
Lets say my filling loop was fitted corre tly and the isolation valve was on system side. If this was fooked but loop was connected so it was loosing system water into the loop. Would this drop pressure ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back