COMBI FILLING LOOP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a couple of questions regarding combi filling loops.

Firstly: Does anyone know why they are called filling loops? Does it have to be in a loop configuration!!

Secondly: To comply with current water regs does the flexible type loop have to be removed after the system is filled. I know that some boilers come with built in loops which have a removable key to prevent accidental filling.

Sponsored Links
davphi338 said:
Firstly: Does anyone know why they are called filling loops? Does it have to be in a loop configuration!!

A complete guess here, but probably it's called a loop because it looks like one.

davphi338 said:
Secondly: To comply with current water regs does the flexible type loop have to be removed after the system is filled. I know that some boilers come with built in loops which have a removable key to prevent accidental filling.

Er, yes; but I suspect that you already knew that this was the answer. It's part of the regulations intended to prevent backflow into the mains in the event that the main pressure dropped and the filling valve didn't hold up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back