alpha cb24 filling loop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've read a couple postings on the topic of re-pressurizing the Alpha CB24 boiler when the pressure gauge falls below the .75 bar (outside the green field on the gauge) and understand the process of manually refilling the boiler via the filling loop, however the filling loop that is attached to the unit in my flat (which I did not install) does nothing, leaving me confused.

The filling loop attached to my Alpha CB24 is a "metal braded flexible hose", as described on Alpha's Control Panel Troubleshooter page, with a single black handled tap on the started end, but when I open the tap 1/4 or even full I get no response. I've attached photos of the filling loop on Album ...

//www.diynot.com/network/LondonFlat28/albums/

My question is, am I missing a second tap (there is a flat-head screw right next to the black handled tap on the loop)? what's the next step if the filling loop fails to fill the tank to the boiler?

appreciate the help, Dan

Sponsored Links
Follow the loop to the other end there should be another tap with just a "flat headed screw"on it,open this slowly with a nicely fitting screwdriver while the black hadled tap is open,you should hear water flowing through.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back