Combi Hot water trigger

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
First time living in a house with a combi. When I run the cold tap it triggers the combi hot water setting, I've checked the pipes and they are all connected correctly. The combi is just over a metre from the cold tap, is this just the slight pressure drop triggering as the boiler is so close to the tap. It's a Main boiler.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Not what he meant , he meant does the cold water get hot when the boiler false fires
That's right :)
single check valve on the cold water inlet below the boiler
So is firing for hot water triggered by a fall in pressure? Seems odd as the mains could be at a range of pressure. Unless the pressure switch setting is adjusted on commissioning. I always assumed there is a hot water flow switch.

That's right :)

So is firing for hot water triggered by a fall in pressure? Seems odd as the mains could be at a range of pressure. Unless the pressure switch setting is adjusted on commissioning. I always assumed there is a hot water flow switch.

I've just checked and it fires only after the cold tap is turned off, I'll fit the single check valve, to be honest nothing surprises me with this house, it was a rental for decades and I don't think the landlord spent one penny more than he had to. It must have broke his heart when the boiler was replaced in 2016.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back