COMBI LOW PRESSURE HEEEELLPPP!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a baxi 105e combi boiler which currently runs ch and two hot water taps my problem is say i were to run a hot water tap and flush the toilet the tap comes to a near stop i have the same prob with the electric shower. My thought it to run a cold fead into a header tank from which i would run a pump to which would supply the boiler and shower would this be okay if so what size tank and pump if not any suggestions please

Sponsored Links
Check valve at the cold main of the property and a water accumulator/expansion vessel. This should give you a store of
cold water at pressure and should improve things.
Ideally you need to measure the amount of pressure you have.

These have been checked by a previous plumber this was his suggestion i just wanted to know if there was anything else

Have you compared your supply with neighbour's or asked your water suppliers?

A replacement supply pipe might do the trick.

Sponsored Links
As awkwell suggests then. The trouble with pumping from a cold water tank is that it could be pumped dry.

Yes but surley not if i pump it from a tank
If the water supplying the tank is as you say, then it will not replenish it quickly enough and may pump it dry. For most purposes it's probably unlikely, but if you run a bath or accidently leave a tap running then the risk is there.

The accumulator system that awkwell refers to is sealed and inline, and therefore cannot run dry - at worse it will simply revert to the slow rate that you currently have and not air as you might end up with.

I'm not knowledgable enough of potential damage (if any) to your boiler should the supply run out, perhaps others could take up the mantle and help :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back