shower doesnt seem powerful enough

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ive got a triton topaz 10si 9.5kwd with baxi 105e combi boiler when looked up on web said it was compatible with combis but i dont think im getting full power from it. used me mohers shower 8kw fead from water tank in loft and it seems far more powerful

do i need to fit a pump

Sponsored Links
Dont forget, combi takes mains water pressure, and depends on the LTR p/m it gives

Your mothers sounds like a stored water system IE copper tank ect ( conventional system) maybe with a pump. :confused:

yeah it is but it hasnt got a pump so would you reccomend fitting a pump if so wha is a good one on the market

Do you mean 100si 9.5kw.

That is an electrically heated shower which has one water connection from your mains.

It has nothing to do with your boiler and you can't pump the mains water.

Is it wired in 10mm twin and earth, what distance run of wire, what type//quality switch/fusebox/rcd etc?

Completely irrelevant what boiiler you have, and I suspect what your mother has.

Electric heated shower is very poor flow rate at the best of times. In the summer it will be a lot better.

It's a catch 22 when fitting a combi, the best shower from a combi is a thermostatic mixer shower designed for a combi, but if your combi breaks down, while you wait for the repair man you'll be back to the victorian wash stand era.

I usually advise people not to have a combi (though I will happily fit one if they ignore me), but those who do get one I advise to have an electrically heated shower.

Sponsored Links
yeah it is the 100si didnt relise id put 10si i know about it running better in the warmer months but not what i expected

im using 10mm cable which roughly is 12-15m from fuse box to shower fuse box is contactrum or summit like that same as fuses

ropper....if you have an electric shower then thats that. u cant pump it etc.

if you want to improve it , it requires some work and getting rid of ur electric one and some money !

Electric showers have abysmal build quality, Crimped wire connections often overheat and burn out resulting in a significant loss of perfomance (not all elements may be operating).

Unless shower is new (ie less than a year) may be worth checking.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back