Combi or not for my steam/shower.....advice please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am looking for any advice regarding boilers. We live in a 4 bed house and have just purchased an all in one Steam/Shower/bath. Currently we have only a hot water cylinder for hot water. We have radiators but as yet no boiler. I was always planning to go for a combi to allow us to remove the cylinder and create some space but would any combi be able to feed enough water to the steam/bath.....should I keep the water cylinder and install a separate boiler for the CH....Help, not sure what the best solution is. If I keep a water cylinder should it be vented or not? What will give me the most pressure for the shower? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
my 2 p worth, a combi is marvelous, but for you not, since you have 4 bedrooms i presume at least 2 bathrooms, combis heat water as and when required, if two taps on at same time, flow is reduced, so combi not suitable for you.

to be honest unless you live in a beach hut, combi's do not perform.
You new a high pressuse cylinder to get any decent hot water.
Size would dependon your hot water demand, ie useage and not on how many bedrooms you have
i would suggest 210 litres minimum if you expect quite large demands

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies. I have been advised that a Worcester Highflow 400 would pump out 18 lt/m and the pressure would depend on the external pressure. Would even this Combi fail my needs?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back