Steam shower general advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We're getting a new upstairs bathroom next year and are thinking of buying a steam shower - at the moment we don't have a shower at all. I thought I'd get some basic advice before buying and getting it installed. Sorry, not v technical!

1. We don't have a cold water tank - all cold comes direct from the mains. all hot water comes from an old Corvec Britony gas water heater in the kitchen downstairs - no hot water tank.

So, what do we need to do about water pressure? I suppose we need a pump but would it go behind the steam shower cubicle?

2. I've read on various forums that steam showers are a real pain if they go wrong - getting the bits and accessing the 'works'.

If we go ahead and get one, has anyone had any good/bad experiences of design or manufacturer?

Sponsored Links
You really need an-unvented set up. Only ever fitted one so far but it ain't no DIY job. You have to provide access to the pump for maintainence etc.

Was well impressed with the one I fitted which was a steam/shower cabinet all singing all dancing thing with radio,cd , phone,body jets and an overhead deluge shower head however the company I got it from,Qualceram in Ireland,were very poor for replacement parts.

The unit came minus a door wheel and in the end I gave up trying get one from them,it didn't affect the unit too much and the customer agreed however I left him to sort it out. He actually paid for it,nearly £2K I recall.

Thanks tonybhoy. My partner (bloke) wants an all-singing all-dancing one but since I'm paying we'll maybe get one with a radio. Luckily we live near Boundary Bathrooms in Colne so we're going along there today to interrogate some salespeople (borrowing the interrogation equipment off Max Mosley) :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back