Fancy new steam shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

Wondering if you experts could give me some advice.

I have a brand new bathroom already for fitting with a hot / cold feed and 10mm shower electric cable all ready for my new shower. The hot water is from an unvented mains pressure tank.

I am thinking of buying one of these shower cubicles with steam / radio / lights etc all built in.

Are they as easy as just connecting the water / electrics and putting on top of a waste pipe?

I have done loads of plumbing stuff but never a shower tray/cubicle

Any advice would be ace!!!!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
erh, 10 mm cable for shower fed from unvented cylinder???
As for the radioshower, your registered installer will know exactly what to do.

Please read the question

I have an electric supply there so could add 10.5 kW shower or an unvented system so could just use mains hot water pressure.

What i am asking is for advice regarding all in one units (shower/steam/radio) and if they are any good and easy to fit.

I dont have electrics coming out of my unvented tank!! Just the supply into the room!

Sponsored Links
They are pretty easy to hook up a few tips below.

Check the max op pressure as your unvented supply may be higher so a regulating valve may be reqd.

Use fixed copper as close to cubicle connections as they have a tendency of getting v hot and so plastic will sag.

Part p sparkie reqd to sign off installation wiring, must be connected to an RCD on the consumer unit.

The steam generators can some time blow seals so ensure the correct manufacturers instructions are followed

Do not wear glasses when using as they mist up :LOL:

Good luck
Pete

Thanks for that pete.

My preeure on the unvented tank is regulated at 3 bar. what is the norm for the shower in the unit?

Also how are they attached to the wall? do they need any more sealing after construction?

Thanks for the time to answer as i am wary of spending £2k and messing it up!!!

It ia all down to the model you buy.
The MI will advise pressure rating and fixing points etc.

The last one we installed had a 2kw steamer and a max inlet pressure of 3.5 bar however each manufacturer will have their own instructions per model.

Pete

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back