Small boiler - big bath!

Unfortunately my Heatslave doesn't have any data stuck on....long since gone (1999!) This larger nozzle was the one that I inherited so now I have the correct data this one comes out and a .50 goes in.
I guessed the pressure at 105 and the CO2 at 11%.
To be fair, there's no burning of any baffles so I guess there's no harm done.
I think its a great boiler really - although if some duck egg allows the hot tap to dripple the flow switch goes potty - and I try to educate folks to allow the hot supply to run long enough for the burner to kick in but that falls on deaf ears!
I keep a new diverter valve head as a spare, as I've had that go AWOL.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Was the heat exchanger ok too? Are they cast or stainless?

My boiler man is coming on Monday so I will have a chat and see what he thinks.

I think the .06 jet is the way forward with regular checks for any damage.

As an aside, I cannot believe how much better my flow rate is after 2 weeks with a water softener fitted, and the lack of lime scale is just incredible. We used to have to Viacal and clean the shower/tray/glass at least twice a week, now it still looks good after 2 weeks!!! All the chrome taps are shining like new all the time and we are using about 30% of the soap/shampoo/detergent that we used to use. I think the payback time of the £500 cost will be within 1 year. Brilliant! Oh and no dry skin after showers or baths any more too! I would recommend one to every house!

Sponsored Links
water softeners are great

I expect it is cleaning out the jets in your shower head

Opinions differ on the effect softened water may have on heat exchangers if they are made of aluminium. which easily corrodes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back