Combi Problem (Video of fault inside)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone :)

Im hoping someone can identify the fault on my Worchester Bosch 240 Combi using the below video link.

A little background info:

About 2 months ago I fitted a new diverter valve diaphram in an attempt to cure 'no hot water unless heating on' problem. It didnt cure the fault.
A month passed then the same problem as in the video appeared. I bled the pump, problem sorted.
A month later fault re-appears but now no amount of pump bleeding will stop the boiler from gurgling then shutting off as soon a a demand is placed on it. :evil:

The vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSYOo97r27A

I appreciate any help on getting this fixed!

Cheers

Sponsored Links
I am confused by what you are trying tell us.

You said you replaced the diaphragm then that the DHW does not work. Presumably you did not do the job properly?

Next you apparently have the boiler working but we dont know in which mode and its ketling badly and presumably has a blockage on non working pump.

As I have not visited you I have not done my own tests and you have not done any yourself and told me.

Tony

I dont see why you are confused.

I replaced the diaphram and it didnt cure the orginal (lack of hot water without CH on) fault. The fault obviously lies else where. (microswitch? The actual diverter valve unit?).
I posted here because now the boiler wont run at all.

I dont know what you mean by 'what mode'. Im a mechanic not a plumber hence me asking for help here.

You think this 'Kettling' is caused by a blockage or a broken pump. How can I eliminate one of these possible problems to find the actual fault?

I wild guess would suggest the pump needs replacing.

Is it turning when demand is placed upon it??

Is it getting 240V??
Put a screwdriver against it. Sharp end against the pump shaft and the blunt end to your ear. (not conclusive)
Unscrew the vent screw to check. Warning maybe very very hot.

Noise and reset O/H suggest no circulation.

I take it you didn't leave an isolation cock under the boiler closed??

Hope this helps

Sponsored Links
Before you get deeper into this can I suggest a fixed price repair?? Might be a good idea

Do excuse Agile..... you kind of get use to him

Love the video!!! More of this please

Thankyou for your reply Mr Smyth.

No isolation valves left closed :) Its been working for some time since I fitted the diaphram.

Ive just check to 'hear' if the pump is spinning and it doesnt seem to be anymore. Initially when this problem first appeared it was, now nothing. Pump is getting power.

Im going to order a new pump and see how that goes :)

Cheers

I have the ability to help you find the problem with your boiler but your reply is not encouraging me. Having said that I am getting quite thick skinned to aggressive DIYers.

As a "mechanic" you should have realised that a combi boiler can operate in two "modes", one is heating and the other is hot water!

You must be an affluent mechanic if you want to order a new pump without finding out if the old one is failed or not.

Tony

You probably only need to change the Pump Head. Cheaper and far far easier than the whole pump.

yes, more video clips please. we could start a new channel in videos of upgraded htg controls. I was thinking of "Pimp My Pump".

Agile. I will put money on you being a complete loser, probably overweight and smelly. Virgin? again probably thats if you havent built up the courage to pay a prostitute to take care of your embarassingly small penis by now.

The only way you really feel like a man is being a complete tosser to people on the internet. Go you.

I tried to be as comprehensive as I could with my description of my problem, even including a video. I have remained polite (up untill now at least).

I freely admit I dont know what I'm doing with plumbing, I need help, Im willing to learn. Thats why Im here.
If you dont want to help people why are you here?

Im a fully trained Mechanic for your infomation and im very good at my job.
The difference between me and you is: if you come upto me and said 'My car is making a funny noise' I would do my best to help rather than use my knoledge in that one area as a power hold over you.

Pathetic.

Everyone else thankyou very much for your help :) I have already sourced a new pump head from a 'friend of a friend' and even better he's going to fit it and check the boiler over for me in return of me servicing his car :cool:

Once again thankyou to those that gave their time and knoledge with worthwhile input.

Agile. I will put money on you being a complete loser, probably overweight and smelly. Virgin? again probably thats if you havent built up the courage to pay a prostitute to take care of your embarassingly small penis by now.

The only way you really feel like a man is being a complete t****r to people on the internet. Go you.

Im a fully trained Mechanic for your infomation and im very good at my job. The difference between me and you is: if you come upto me and said 'My car is making a funny noise' I would do my best to help rather than use my knoledge in that one area as a power hold over you.

You may be a fully trained mechanic and you may think you are good at your job. But you seem rather rude and abusive!

If you are so good at cars then why have you not replied to my question on the cars section about removing a Pug 106 radio?

Or given help to all the others who have posted about car problems?

Based on your posting here, rather than diagnose whats actually failed you just want to change parts. Perhaps you do that on cars?

Tony

Because ive only been here 5 minutes. The OP was my first post on DIYnot and you did your best to make it as unplesent and difficult as you could, despite my best efforts.

Now remind me... Why on earth should I help you?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back