1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Combi seems to be running with no demand...

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by charliegolf, 25 Jul 2017.

1. charliegolf

charliegolf

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Mine's a Nov 2011 model :(

Edit: I didn't really understand the last few posts! I picked up leaving it to the next service- ok to do that? Everything works at present. Thanks.

2. Sponsored Links
  3. Agile

Agile

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Well you have to decide if it is bothering you enough to want it sorted out quickly or just wait until the next annual service!

My quick calc shows it might use £10 of electricity in a year running constantly.

Tony

4. McCombi

McCombi

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Depends when you want it fixed really.

If it is a faulty pump (sounds the case by what you've written previously) a service isn't going to cure it. The pump will need to replaced by a registered gas man.

• Like Like x 1
  5. FiremanT

FiremanT

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    As per mcCombI, don't wait for the service guy time turn up before telling him. Dont take Tonys advice too seriously. Ever. The service guy may need to allocate more time.
    A "service" is a predetermined range of operations. You are talking about a "repair" which may or may not be manageable on the service visit.

He may have to pack his oscilloscope and listening stick:sneaky::)

Last edited: 26 Jul 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  6. aptsys

aptsys

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I think you're misunderstanding Tony, but the points still stand.

7. charliegolf

charliegolf

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    UPDATE: after a week of visitors taking my attention, I had a light bulb moment, and switched the boiler off! On switch-on, the rumble is gone, and the boiler fires up on hot water demand as it should. I'll keep an eye on it. Thanks for the responses.

CG

8. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

9. Sponsored Links