1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Oil combi boiler - heating but no hot water

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by Avocet, 5 Apr 2020.

1. Avocet

Avocet

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    We seem to have run out of hot water. :( upload_2020-4-5_23-8-45.gif It's a Worcester Heatslave, oil-fired combi boiler, 25 years old. When I open the hot tap, I can hear the electrical click in the boiler housing as it senses the demand, but the burner doesn't fire up. The central heating side of it works fine though. Any thoughts, please?

2. oilhead

oilhead

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    First thought would be DHW thermostat. You need a multimeter, and then follow the fault finding chart in the manufacturers instructions. They are simple and comprehensive for this model.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Sponsored Links
  4. Avocet

Avocet

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    OK, I'll follow that up, any thanks!

5. Avocet

Avocet

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Just an update on this one. All was not what it seemed! The problem seems to be linked with my other problem (knocking bath taps). I've since found out that there's hot water aplenty from all te other hot taps in the house and the boiler seems to be working fine. It's almost as if the knocking from the bath tap causes the boiler some confusion and it just shuts down!

6. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

7. Sponsored Links