Combi Spur

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

When installing a combi i know that the fuse that i need is 3amp, we discussed that in another post not so long back. Are you able to spur off a double socket that has no spurs on it already and which is 2meters away with 2.5mm2 into the switch fused connection unit and then just connect the wires from the combi to the switched fused connection unit.

I am aware that the socket is not rcd protected.

Sponsored Links
If it’s a 20A radial or 30/32A ring circuit where the socket is not itself a spur then yes it should be ok. If it’s a 4mm radial then again it will be ok if you use 4mm cable to the FCU.

Of course if you are not a CORGI registered boiler installer you will be having the gas, flue and commissioning done by someone who is won’t you?

It is a ring 32MCB and i plan to spur off into a 3A switch fused connection unit. I will be spuring off a double socket situated in the dining room. The cable is 2.5mm2 T&E and is not protected by RCD.

I am not CORGI registered but i know a man who is.

The pipes also for the combi will be earth bonded.

Sounds good to me.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back