Combi water softener?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm fitting a new Baxi HE Plus condensing combi boiler and was wondering if its worth fitting a water softener. The Tapworks AD10 looks good but a friend mentioned that putting one in might invalidate my boiler guarantee, and the boiler might only last half as long. Is that true?

I looked at some of the electronic types like scalemanager and Combi-mate, are they any good?

Sponsored Links
A combimate is not electronic it in my opinion is a very good choice, you can use it to either just serve your boiler or have it on the rising main to serve the whole house.
I think the medium used in the combimate cost about £20.00 and lasts about 6 months as an average.

I have heard that salt based softeners accelerate corrosion in condensing combi boilers due to the condensing process. Apparently this can reduce the life to about 18 months. Not much of a return on all that cash. :!:

Modern combis don't seem to suffer much from limescale. Is your water very hard?

Sponsored Links
salt based softeners do a combi mate is ok where i am we have some of the hardest water in the country :D

(have to snap it off the tap on occasion :LOL: )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back