Combination boiler pressure ideal classic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening , My son had his ideal classic boiler serviced - I noticed it was high pressure at rest approx 3bar and expected it to be resolved after service it isn’t . The guy only commented that there was small leak which he fixed . Please see attached report and notice no pressure comment in there - is that normal ? Before we get back in contact with him would welcome your comments thanks
IMG_7118.png

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Check the filling loop hasn’t been left open, as that can cause issues with the pressure relief valve. Also scrub out details more vividly next time.

Another example of "Gas safe" quality and safety l.

:rolleyes:

Ring the Gas safe agency and ask them for an inspection because the idiot who did this left the system in a dangerous condition.

Sponsored Links
Ring the Gas safe agency and ask them for an inspection because the idiot who did this left the system in a dangerous condition.
Can you please explain how it’s a dangerous condition?

Another example of "Gas safe" quality and safety l.

:rolleyes:

Hi thanks for reply - I wasn’t aware it was dangerous just thought it would not be working efficiency ? Thanks

Hi thanks for reply - I wasn’t aware it was dangerous just thought it would not be working efficiency ? Thanks
It isn’t dangerous for the pressure being high. Hence why I asked @BlueLoo to confirm why they thought it was. I’m gas safe registered.

It isn’t dangerous for the pressure being high. Hence why I asked @BlueLoo to confirm why they thought it was. I’m gas safe registered.
Give over.

The PSV's on these systems are set at 3 bar.
You turn the pump on, and you get a pressure rise,
Should the system be satisfied (ie the abv wants to open), you are looking at enough pressure to pop open the psv, spurting hot , boiling water and steam somewhere.

Let's not kid ourselves that the same "Gas safe" chumps who cant follow simple instructions and checklist and who likely built the system in the first place, really did route the psv vents to a truly "safe location".

Aside from personal safety, you also have equipment safety and having these crappy plumbing systems at 3.barg isn't something you want for the integrity of the piping or the equipment in it.

Yes, shark and push fits are rated for much higher, but again, you assume they are fitted diligently.

No need to be "I'm the expert here" on this.

The system has been pressured to open the psv but then not depressured afterwards to the 1.0barg recommended in the iom.

What else did the "Gas safe" idiot forget to do during the service?

We had a thread yesterday where a handful of "Gas safe" engineers couldn't figure out that the "Gas safe" service engineer didn't also read instructions or follow due process and didn't grease the flue seals as he should have.

It is a dangerous over pressure.
It's proof of careless work which is dangerous.

A different, less idiotic "Gas Safe" engineer should recheck the system.

Not rocket science.

Me give over :LOL:

Nothing to do with claiming I’m an expert, I don’t claim I am, just backing up my reply.

It isn’t rocket science, and water doesn’t boil or generate steam at central heating temperatures, but 100 degrees. Stop scaremongering the OP

Me give over :LOL:

Nothing to do with claiming I’m an expert, I don’t claim I am, just backing up my reply.

It isn’t rocket science, and water doesn’t boil or generate steam at central heating temperatures, but 100 degrees. Stop scaremongering the OP

Fluid behaves the sames under pressure regardless does it?

Ok.

I'll just rewrite my fluid and thermodynamics text books :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back