Combined cold feed and vent......

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just been told by British Gas that the answer to my central heating problems is to have Combined cold feed and vent fitted.

As I understand, all I need to do is to cap the cold feed pipe off and divert it through the 22mm feed pipe. Is this correct?

Also, how does it work and are there any side effects of having combined feed and vent?

Thanks in advance everyone.

Sponsored Links
I should have mentioned,

The initial problem is a total blockage in the cold feed. But the pipe is so close to the corner of the wall that the only way to sort it would be to take the boiler off and replace the section of pipe. The alternative suggested was the Combined cold feed and vent.

Again thanks for any help.

I would get in touch with the makers and seek advise there.

BG guy would (should) have checked this on his lap top that contains all manufacturers installation instructions as only certain boilers are recommended to be fitted like that. You will have to have a 22mm connector fitted into header tank in place of existing 15mm one as it must be a minimum of 22 all the way

Sponsored Links
I would still check with makers.

I am at present in process of repairing a boiler where this organisation has replaced all internal parts on a boiler. Fault is still there. They then went on to sell him a new boiler. This is what the client is saying. Wether it is true or not I know the boiler is not working but is fitted with a large number of new parts with case and non functional items being old.

Every one can make a mistake (me included) so safe approach is to double check.

Assuming it IS ok, it works because in 22mm and above, air can go up while water goes down. Not so in 15mm. A side effect is that it can take a lot longer to fill your system, but yes, it works!

I checked and it is ok:cool:

So, am I right in thinking that all I need to do is cap the 15mm cold feed and divert it to the 22mm vent pipe?

Seems too easy :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back