combined hot & cold water tank

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I need to remove the hot water cylinder from our bathroom to make room for a bath, currently we only have a shower.
The problem is that being in a bungalow the hot water tank cannot be positioned anywhere else and be below the level of the cold water tank.

I had heard that you can get a combined water tank, the top part being for the cold water supply while the bottom is for the hot water - is this true?

If so where can I get one? I can't seem to find them anywhere on the web

Thanks for your help

Sponsored Links
just wanted to check, it doesn't sound likely but can you feed an immersion heater from mains water?

The water tank currently feeds the immersion only, everything else is mains fed. If not I'll have to stick with the fortic idea.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I think what you are looking for is an unvented hot water cylinder.

I've just had a quick look, these all seem huge! can you get small tanks? I only really need to fill a bath.
I guess this and the fortic are the only options for mains fed? This is not something I know too much about....
Thanks

I've just had a quick look, these all seem huge! can you get small tanks? I only really need to fill a bath.
I guess this and the fortic are the only options for mains fed? This is not something I know too much about....
Thanks

The trouble with wanting a small tank would be that it is unlikely to hold enough water for a bath.

I'm no expert on unvented cylinders, but I've just looked up the data on a well known brand (heatrae sadia megaflo)

The smallest is 70 litres, too small for anything but the most eco-friendly bath.

Which leads me on to the next question, what fuel are you using?

If you use gas, how about a combi boiler?

Which leads me on to the next question, what fuel are you using?

If you use gas, how about a combi boiler?

Or an instantaneous gas fired water heater - bit like a combi, but without the output for central heating, and thus cheaper.

Its gas, I have looked at a combi boiler but money is an issue!
I'm really looking for the cheapest possible way to get rid or or move the tank to get a bath in.
I'll take a look at the instantaneous gas fired water heater now! Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back