Combined hot cylinder queries

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am considering a combination unit from Newark (NEW49 or NEW50), but my questions are relevant to any make I believe...

(1) If you leave the hot tap fully open indefinitely (filling a bath maybe), will the cold tank refill the hot cylinder fast enough so that it does not become empty?
(2) What happens to the emmersion element if it is still on and the hot cylinder DOES become empty? Does it automatically cut off?
(3) my cold feed is 15mm all the way from the house stopcock with no chance of changing that - will the feed be sufficient to the unit? especially in light of (1).

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Unless you have poor mains pressure, then it should keep up with your draw-off needs.

Even if the CWS part empties and your hot tap runs dry, the cylinder remains full.

Sponsored Links
:) Ok, thanks guys - I understand now.

One last thing, the filled weight of such a unit will not be more than say a normal hot water cylinder of 1.5 metres height will it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back