Combined Light/Extractor Recommendation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey all,

currently have a Vent Axia ACM100T in line fan ready to fit to ensuit (was originally meant for bathroom but plans have changed)

Fan positioned in loft and ducted to outside.

Due to fact its now being used for small en-suit, can anyone recommend me a decent combined light/extractor vent kit?

Very little space on the ceiling so looking for SELV down lighter bulb, preferably LED, that comes with nice looking fan opening.

Seen this on screwfix
http://www.screwfix.com/p/manrose-in-line-led-shower-light-fan-kit-bright-chrome-mm/45818
Considering buying it and ditching the cheap fan, but though Id ask the men with experience for there recommended kit first?

Sponsored Links
Might just get it then, certainly the light fitting looks nice. Is the light off it good? and do you know if the LED bulb is replaceable? Its only to light the shower cubicle, there a standard B22 BC bulb for the toiler area its self

It is a 12V halogen lamp, so you need to replace that for the LED version and this would then need a driver to run it, rather than a trany.

The light is fair enough, as a shower light. if you have primary lighting for the bathroom already, you should be fine.

Sponsored Links
Cool, thanks mate, they do an LED version with driver anyway. Just dont want to pay £60 a time to replace the bulb if it had been a fixed unit lol

Looking at the spec, this kit now includes an LED lamp, rather than the 12V. So looks like the unit has been upgraded to LED now.

Ah just seen your post:whistle:

It says chrome, I recall it being ABS chrome effect, so I would check that out.

I fitted that kit or at least it was fitted by builders before we took over the job and it failed vibration caused it to fail but major problem was once ceiling was in it could not be renewed. It is still there in ceiling space although bypassed with pipe work. I am sure it was down to poor fitting but do consider how it can be changed if it goes wrong.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back